Pablo Cazorla IllustrationDesignBlogAbout MeContact

Cazu Brush Collection v2 for Krita

Blog, Resources  |  Comments

Finally, after a few months using the first version of my brushes, I want to share with you a new version with many changes: a lot of new brushes, improves of current ones, a smartest group classification… and more surprises. 🙂

Cazu Brush Collection v2 for Krita

Some new features (changelog)

– New classification

We have now 5 groups or families, according to use or nature of the brushes: Basics, Concept, FX , Natural Media and Speedpainting. Each group is independent of the other, so you can download and use just a single group, or all you want.

– Disappears Erasers family

One of the most fantastic features of Krita is the posibility of turn any brush into an eraser brush. Just pressing E key you can use your favorite brush as an eraser.

Natural Media group

In previous version, we had a poor representation of traditional brushes, like oils, watercolor, pastel, etc. Now we have an special group for this, with a lot of brushes and styles.

– New Art Style brushes

Under Natural Media group, you will find 4 Art Style brushes to simulate art strokes: Dripping, Impressionism, Pointillism and Cubism.

Art Style Brushes

– Brush icons made with Blender

New icons for new brushes: I created a set of brush models with Blender 3D for most icons. You can download the .blend file from Deviant Art, for free use.

Icons for a quick glance

Icons for a quick glance

The groups

Basic

Most common used for all kind of work. They are a completely digital version of brushes.

Airbrush, Blender Noisy, Blender Soft, Detailed, Hard, Hard Wet, Mask, Mop, Soft, Soft Wet

Concept

Usefull for design, concept art, architecture, etc. Also, you can use this brushes for Manga and comic sketches.

Line Brush, Line Curve, Line Marker 0.5, Line Pencil, Line Pixel Art, Shader Airbrush, Shader Alchemy, Shader Flat, Shader Hatching Lines, Shader Hatching Squares, Shader Marker

FX

They produce an effect or change on the image; ideal for little corrections.

Clone, Color Desaturate, Color Saturate, Deform Grow, Deform Move, Deform Shrink, Image Blur, Image Sharpen, Value Burn, Value Dodge

Natural Media

Whether you come from a traditional painting, or you miss the particular feeling of the physical elements such as water, oil, canvas, paper… you will enjoy these brushes.

Acrilyc, Airbrush, Ink Calligraphic, Ink Japan, Ink Pen, Marker Circular, Marker Square, Oil, Oil Blender Bristle Hairy, Oil Blender Dry, Oil Blender Finger, Oil Bristle, Oil Bristle Hairy, Oil Camel, Pastel, Pastel Blender, Pastel Blender Finger, Pastel Chalk, Pencil, Pencil Color, Roller Blender, Roller Dry, Roller Wet, Style Cubism, Style Dripping, Style Impressionism, Style Pointillism, Watercolor Blender, Watercolor Drops, Watercolor Spotted 1, Watercolor Spotted 2, Watercolor Spotted 3, Watercolor Spotted 4, Watercolor Stroke Dry, Watercolor Stroke Wet

Speedpainting

All you need for sketching, matte-painting, environments, textures, effects… These brushes help to create a quick concept, , saving time and preparing the image for detailed work.

Basic Chalk, Basic Sketch, Cells, Clouds, Crack, Flora, Flora Arbust Spray, Flora Cactus, Flora Flower, Flora Forest, Flora Grass, Flora Ivy, Flora Jungle, Flora Palm, Flora Spines, Flora Tree Leaves, Hair, Hair Braids, Hair Fur, Ice, Lace 1, Lace 2, Lace 3, Light Bokeh, Light Fire, Light Flare, Light Magic, Light Shine, Light Sparks, Light Starfield, Skin Freckles, Skin Pores, Skin Reptil, Skin Rhino, Skin Snake, Smear, Smear Building, Smear Clouds, Smear Concrete, Smear Dirty, Smear Ink, Smear Paint, Smear Splash, Smear Squares, Smear Structure

Download

The project in Github:

Download Cazu Brush Collection v2 for Krita
Licence CC BY-SA 3.0

Installation

The zip packages contains 3 folders:

• brushes
  • paintoppresets
  • patterns

For Windows

Windows XP to 10: Unzip the folders here: C:/users/USERNAME/Appdata/Roaming/krita/share/apps/krita/

For Linux

Unzip the folders here: /home/USERNAME/.kde/share/apps/krita/

If the folders already exist, just merge with the old folders.

To uninstall, just erase the folders (or the .kpp files in the paintoppresets folder).

Start using

That’s all. Just restart Krita, and you would see the brushes in the brush presets docker.

If you have some question, please, ask me. Thanks 🙂

39 comments

• Chris says:

Hi,
    First, thank you for this set!
    I encounter a little problem :
    the icon of the basic airbrush has a red circle with a white cross over it.
    I seems to be a broken preset?
    I don’t know what I did wrong and how to solve it.
    Any idea?
    Thank you!

• pablocazorla says:

Hi Chris,
      Yes, it is a bug in Krita preset engine. I think it could be erased some brush or pattern preset from your Krita instalation. A “while” solution: save the preset with a new name (eg: basic airbrush ‘soft’). It is not the best, but… 😉

• Cestarian says:

Wow this is really cool, thanks a ton!! totally saved me, I needed these flora brushes since I suck when it comes to drawing leaves.

You forgot to mention what version of krita this was made for, but I can confirm that it is working with 2.8

• Robin Willis says:

Knucklehead question…

I have installed your brushes in /home/USERNAME/.kde/share/apps/krita/ but they are not showing even after I restart krita. Hmmmm???

Using elementary Linux.

• pablocazorla says:

Hi Robin,
      Yes, it’s strange. I use Elementary OS Luna too, and the path you say is right, and works.
      What version of Krita are you using? My version is 2.8.2 stable.

• arnie evanz says:

sir im new in using krita,, i found it very useful and easy to use , it may lack some features in photoshop but im happy with it,, also i like that you keep on improving krita and other teams as well ,, krita has potential.. same as gimp,, hmm.. i wonder what if krita and gimp team joined together. ..

• Seppe says:

Thanks alot 🙂

• Bentkerrang says:

I can’t see the new brushes after install on Win7 and restarting krita.
    Unzipped to “c:UsersUsernameAppDataRoamingkrita
    krita version 2.8.3 x64
    I don’t have .kdeshareapps subdirectories in the win7 Roaming directory.
    Any Ideas?

• Bentkerrang says:

Solved: The correct unzip path for win7 and this version of krita 2.8.3 x64 is
    “c:usersusernameAppdataRoamingkritashareappskrita”

• Rick says:

Will these plugins work for the OSX version? If so, how can I install them?

• pablocazorla says:

Hi Rick (rickyinjp@gmail.com). I didn’t try or install the set in OSX yet, but I think it works. I just use Krita for GNU/Linux and Windows :-/.. Sorry.

• ragnarb says:

This brush set is great. The colored frames around each brush, help keep things organized in the brush manager, and makes it easier to find the brush you want. They should consider implementing it as standard spec for brushes in Krita.

• Artur says:

Hi. You should add a note for people to disable the new flow option of krita 2.9 beta 1 in the brush settings or update this amazing brush collection for krita 2.9 beta1.
    I’m saying this because the brushes act a lot different with flow enabled.
    Anyway this set of brushes are great and covers almost all my needs in krita. Thanks for this.

• pablocazorla says:

Thanks Artur. I don’t try yet Krita 2.9 yet. I just use the stable version, but thanks for let me know about this issue. Anyway, I’m glad you enjoy the brush set ;-). Thanks a lot.

• WAHYU SETIAWAN says:

thank you very much, your brush made my life easier.

• bned says:

Just to ask if anyone else has problems with installing the 2.9 bundle file? A lot of the textures are not recognized by Krita or missing, which leads to most of the textured brushes being unusable. Especially the foliage ones… Am I doing something wrong?

• pablocazorla says:

Yes, you right! I fixed the problem: we need 3 bundle file, not 1. Just donwload and install the 3 bundle files. Thanks.

• Deevad says:

Congratz for the polishing you put on the icons and presentating them, Also, thanks for sharing your work ! I’ll try a bundle 🙂

• rafael scroggins says:

hello nice set of brush, i have a problem most of the brushes are slow really slow did any one have the same problems with this bundle.

• WAHYU SETIAWAN says:

sorry, but i also have a problem with my krita 2.9 in windows 8.1. The brush is not loaded. There is some “x” mark on top of the brush icon. Currently unusable.

• WAHYU SETIAWAN says:

krita ver 2.8 is working properly.

• RaggedMommy says:

Thanks so much. These are awesome.

• Scott Petrovic says:

Just wanted to chime in and say how great these are. I find myself using these again and again. Keep up the good work. 🙂

• Glenn says:

Haven’t tried them all yet, but this seems to be an absolutely gorgeous and useful set of brushes. Saves me a lot of time trying to make them myself! Hope you keep them updated as new versions of Krita come out.

• Enrique says:

Muchas gracias, es todo un detalle por su parte. Le deseo lo mejor.

• painter says:

Thank you very much for these!

• Dan Bolivar says:

A wonderful set of brushes, THANK YOU!

• Ioannis Fiore says:

Hi, I’m in love with Krita softoware haha… But, these brushes doesn’t work for me. I have a Windows 8, 64x, I’m follow all steps, what can I do? Thx

• fernando says:

hi, thanks a lot, I found this collection very useful! Saludos

• Coral says:

Hi! First of all thank you for making this set! It looks amazing! I’m just having trouble getting the brushes to show up in krita. I’m on windows 10 and using krita 3.0.1, do you have any advice that might help me?

• Rojas says:

Is this brush pack not compatible with v3.0 and higher?

• Libby says:

I’m having the same trouble as Coral… I would love to use the set.

Clear fields

Loading comments in Google+ .....

Get in touch!

Please send me a message via email if you have any questions, idea, or comment for me.

contact@pcazorla.com